Pulling himself up the rough steel ladder,  a flood of light pouring across the flat water, washing away the sticky darkness. The darkness melts off, flows down and between the cracks of the wharf timbers. Standing still he feels himself lighter, skin clean for the first time in years. He breathes. Slowly in, slowly out. So fresh. And each moment spreads out, around, full and complete, each long moment. He stands up tall breathing in and out the beautiful clean air.

Yet sadness and longing is there, it draws him towards the land.  He looks to the shore.

A long journey years it has taken me and now I have washed up on this shore of flesh, floating in the eye whose tears I am floating in closes briefly and briefly I am in the darkness again. I know he cannot see me. He does not know I am here with him. But he sees something in the eye of this woman, a space held strongly for him. She accepts, He sees she accepts, He sees her strength. I see her strength. I know she will hold me, hold me in her heart and in her mind. I see her eyes, she does not see me only sees his tears. She does not feel me fly to her in that second. She knows something has passed between him and her but she does not know that not only was it his understanding of her acceptance but also I that passed.
I am in her.
So long what a journey it has been. How long now? 00 years at least. So dark I have been so cold. She cannot know of my journey, she will know soon enough.
She knows only this now: she sees his pain and holds it. She opens herself so open at that moment. Enough for me. In her I will rest for now.
“I met this man this morning. I met mmm at - this morning. We talked about stuff for a while. He told me about . I looked into his eyes and felt a huge need for strength at that moment.
To be able to feel and hold the space of his pain.
I know nothing, what do I know of pain?”
“She was angry with me. I said it makes me human. My wholelife I have been so lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment